About Me

My photo
Hi my name is Carla. I run my own business as a beauty therapist & hairdresser. I started my blog to keep memories of my third pregnancy. Now I'm addicted to blogging and I'm even considering starting a Vlog. You can read all about my pregnancy and follow my journey with my new born.

Monday 1 September 2014

Babies 1st week



In hospital we stayed 3 nights. After the first night we were moved to transitional care as he has lost a lot of his weight and his sugars were low suggesting diabetes. He just slept so much he didn't wake to feed. When he did I was struggling with BreSt feeding. 
The two midwives in there were fantastic spending over an hour supporting me when I was struggling with feeding, talking to me. They were fantastic without them I probably would have given up. They topped him up on a night with cup feeds of milk to keep him doing well and help my breastfeeding..
With Reuben being so big when he was born he was checked for diabetes by heel pricks at various times through the day, thankfully they picked up. 
By the third day I was ready to go home and felt I could feed him as needed. 
( all ready to go home and meet my brother & sister again) 

When we came home Stu drove so carefully, I was so nervous I just wanted to get him home safely. 

The midwife came to visit us the first morning home. She weighed him and asked questions about how I was feeding and how the first night had gone. 

We had our First trip out to the white rose. I met my mum and aunt. I drove at a snails pace worried about bumps or crashing with such a precious little baby on board. 

We were ok shopping until he woke up, I just couldn't walk around leaving him to cry so came home with him. I couldn't wait to cuddle him up and make him happy again.

Whilst my mum was still staying with us we nipped out in the car to pick up some pizzas, we were gone only 15 minutes but I hated being away from the baby so much, it hurt my heart and I cried. Stu gave me a cuddle and said he would be fine. Obviously he was just fine safe at home with my mum. I guess nine months together and a week after giving birth I was lost without him.

One week since giving birth.

 31/08/14 
1 week young.

 3/9/14 - 10 days young.
Reuben is enjoying his bath time now. 

breast feeding is going well and my milk has come through properly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment