About Me

My photo
Hi my name is Carla. I run my own business as a beauty therapist & hairdresser. I started my blog to keep memories of my third pregnancy. Now I'm addicted to blogging and I'm even considering starting a Vlog. You can read all about my pregnancy and follow my journey with my new born.

Saturday 22 November 2014

My thank you to my other half during HG

This is a thank you I wrote to my other half in February 2014 when I was about 14 weeks pregnant and has the things I went through due HG

During the last three months I never imagined I would make it to this stage of my pregnancy and feel happy.

Even though this baby is very much planned and wanted the illness I got has been physically and emotionally draining.

My hyperemysis took over at just 5 weeks I was rushed into hospital where I was put on a drip as I was severely dehydrated. I couldn't stay awake and hold a conversation with SStuart my other half. When I was awake I was constantly vomiting. I stayed in hospital 2 nights and was sent home with anti sickness tablets.

 During the next three days I ate nothing and couldn't even keep fluids down, I couldn't even get up to go to the bathroom I was so weak Stu had to help me. I cried so much the sickness was constant I didn't stop and it took my breath away. Then Stu couldn't even keep me awake and took me back to hospital where I had to stay 4 nights this time and be on a drip again and have anti sickness injections. This helped with the sickness and I would have 10, 20 or 30 mintutes where I wasn't sick. I felt like things might get better. I felt so lonely in hospital surrounded by women ready to give birth at just 6 and a 1/2 weeks I didn't resemble pregnant at all. I certainly didn't feel it. I just was ill.

When I left hospital things remained the same for a few weeks I was sick and couldn't eat a thing. I was in so much pain from hunger n the pain from being sick all my muscles ached so badly. I spent all day n night in bed. I was so lonely again n fed up emotionally. I could see it hurt Stuart to to see me in so much pain. I had to drag myself to the Dr with the help of Stu to be checked and weighed and I'd lost a massive 1st n half in just 3 weeks. I was so Ill and weak. 

I was out of breath walking the 6 steps to the toilet and couldn't manage going down stairs at all. Anytime I desperately needed to I went on my hands and knees as standing made my head whoosh and I vomited straight away. Any time I was not being sick or sleeping I was crying from pain and being so low. 

I ended up back in hospital as I couldn't even keep sips of water down again and became so dehydrated. Every part of my body hurt n ached n I just wished it was over and I could die. I've never felt like that. 

After the fourth time in hospital I was so fed up. I was missing work, seeing people and actually living. I became a bit obsessed with cooking programs too. Which I'm sure didn't help my hunger!

Over the next few weeks I slowly began to eat ice cream and jelly. Picking food was done by how it felt and tasted when it came back up!! Toast was suggested often but is one of the worst things to vomit! I slowly begain to eat v dry small meals then would have days were I was sick and couldn't eat again and just stayed in bed. 

I didn't think for one minute it would get better but it has I'm not 100% bit I can cope with the few bouts of sickness that actually resemble morning sickness as ive had way worse.

 Now my tummy is growing and I'm eating actual meals Today I heard the heart beat for the first time and actually feel pregnant and not ill at 17 weeks. I probably will have a few more sick days but hopefully over the worst. 

If you do go through it I salute you because it's God damn hard everyday feels so long and working to each week seems like a lifetime. Try to stay calm when people suggest ginger for your 'morning sickness' the ignorance for the illness is still very much around. And get support, I couldn't have done this without my man, he took care of me so well, our two kids and the house. He is amazing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment